What are the best Korean products to exfoliate your skin the Asian way? How do Asian people exfoliate their skin? Read this tutorial and you’ll master the art of exfoliating the skin like an Asian.
Skin exfoliation entails the removal of dead skin or dirt from the surface of the skin. It smoothens out your skin texture, evens out the skin tone, reduces blackheads, tightens skin pores, and improves blood circulation, thereby giving your skin a healthy complexion. Depending on your skin type, the strength of your scrub, and your skin condition, you should exfoliate your skin 2-3 times per week.
As you age, your skin’s capacity to shed dead skin will reduce. Thus, the frequency may change.
Have a look at our buying guide on the best Korean products to exfoliate your skin in 2022 and choose yours.
Korean Exfoliators types
Before jumping into the products, let’s see what are the different types of exfoliators you can buy.
1. Physical Exfoliators
Physical exfoliators contain scrubs and grit to slough off dead skin. On massaging the fine granules upon your skin, you will begin noticing the removal of dead skin and clearing of your pores. Massaging the exfoliator also boosts the blood circulation to that part of the body, leading to a natural glow. If you have sensitive skin, avoid large grit that can damage your skin. Commonly known physical exfoliators are Pumice stone, sugar, loofah, coffee grounds, clay, rice bran, and clay.
2. Chemical Exfoliators
Chemical exfoliators are added to skincare beauty products, such as toners, serum, cleansers, and moisturizers. They generally offer a very mild exfoliation action and are suited for those having sensitive skin. The most easily found chemical exfoliators are broadly classified as AHA (alpha hydroxy acid) and BHA (beta hydroxy acid). Glycolic acid, lactic acid, and citric acid are classic examples of AHAs, Salicylic acid is the most well-known BHA.
Now let me go in-depth and let me show you some of Best Korean Products to Exfoliate Your Skin.
The Best Korean Exfoliators
I’ve divided this list into categories, each regarding a specific part of our body. The following products specifically target an area and are meant to be used only for that part of the body.
1. Best Korean Face Exfoliators
These are some of the best Korean Face Exfoliators:
- COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser – View on Amazon / View on YesStyle
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask – View on Amazon / View on YesStyle
- Neogen Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Lemon – View on Amazon / View on YesStyle
- Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask – VIew on Amazon / View on YesStyle
- Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Mask – View on Amazon / View on YesStyle
- Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum – View on Amazon
Best Korean Exfoliators for Your Lips
These are some of the best Korean Exfoliators for your lips:
Best Korean Exfoliators for Your Feet
These are some of the best Korean Exfoliators for your feet:
- TONYMOLY Shiny Foot Super Peeling Liquid – View on Amazon / View on YesStyle
- Purederm Shiny & Soft Foot Peeling Mask – View on Amazon / View on YesStyle
What do exfoliators do?
These are some of the benefits of using Korean exfoliators, and and explanation of what they actually do to your skin.
1. Help reduce blackheads
Sloughing away the dirt and grime from your skin’s surface is important as it may otherwise block your pores. Exfoliation helps in unclogging pores and also minimizes the pore size.
2. Reduce acne and breakouts
Your chances of having severe acne breakouts are drastically reduced if your pores are unclogged and your skin is clean. Exfoliating your skin does just that.
3. Smoothen the skin
Since on regular exfoliation, your pores are tighter and unclogged, chances of having blackheads are negligible. This, in turn, allows you to have smooth skin (and you’ll be able to achieve the glass skin!)
4. Brighten skin
Exfoliants break up pigmented cells and encourage cell renewal. This leads to brighter skin and an even skin tone.
5. Improve blood circulation
Massaging your skin while exfoliating boosts you’re blood flow to the skin. It results in glowing, healthy skin.
6. Enhance product absorption
Dead skin obstructs the skin from absorbing skincare products that you may be applying. Exfoliation will allow the goodness of your skincare products to reach into the deeper layers of the skin.
How to use an exfoliator
Exfoliators are easy to use if you follow the rules explained in every packaging. Bear in mind the following guidelines, to avoid problems:
- Avoid using exfoliants on dry skin; doing so may damage your derma.
- Do not scrub the exfoliator too hard against your skin as it may cause wear and tear of the skin.
- Do not overdo skin exfoliation as it may lead to skin sensitivity.
- Skin exfoliation is often accompanied by temporary skin redness and irritation. Thus, use the products at night.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which means that we may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link.